Employee Accidents and Injuries - File a claim

The Puyallup School Board recognizes that safety and health standards should be incorporated into all aspects of the operations of the District. Accident and Injuries must be reported to your supervisor, Human Resources Department and Puget Sound Workers' Compensation Trust (PSWCT) immediately. 


There is a new process for submitting an Accident/Incident Report form. Accident/Incident Report forms are now submitted via computer online to the Puget Sound Workers' Compensation Trust. Whether you choose to seek medical attention or not you are required to submit an Accident/Incident Report. To assist you, please review the Employee User Guide - Reporting an Accident/Incident. Once your Report form is received by PSWCT, it will be forwarded to your supervisor for review and completion.

If you indicated on your Accident/Incident Report form you have or are planning to seek medical treatment for your injury, you will be automatically routed to a screen to complete information and submit your work injury claim. The District cannot provide a claim number until the online process is complete. If you do not have access to a computer while at work, please check in with your building Office Manager for assistance. You may also use a personal computer and/or public computer with internet access. Submitting your claim and obtaining a claim number before seeking medical treatment is always best. However, if your injury requires immediate medical attention, submitting your claim and obtaining a claim number may be done after treatment is received.

Once you know you are submitting a work injury claim, please contact the HR/Return to Work Coordinator. It is also required that you complete a time loss election form at the time of filing your work injury claim. This is a required form and must be submitted to the HR/Return to Work Coordinator and Payroll departments within 7 days of injury date.  If you are a PEA or PESPA member, please complete this time loss election form. Please discuss your time loss elections carefully with the Return to Work Coordinator. Your elections will directly impact District pay and medical benefit eligibility. All election forms should be submitted immediately to avoid interruption in pay and benefit processing. Please also visit our FAQ page for a description of your options regarding time loss. All completed forms can be faxed to 253-841-8650. 

After completing the online claim process, PSWCT will email you the following:

-  Your claim number

-  Medical Cards (for treatment, services and/or to purchase any medical equipment you may need)  

-  Prescription Letter (to fill/pay for any prescriptions from your medical provider)

-  General work injury claim information

You may choose your own medical provider for your first visit. However, for ongoing treatment of your injury you will be required to be treated by an Occupational Medical Provider.

If you have general questions regarding workers' compensation benefits, please read A Guide to Workers' Compensation and Benefits. For specific claim questions after filing, please contact your claims adjustor with Puget Sound Workers' Compensation Trust at 253-778-7667.